Sunrock Wins NCDOL Safety Awards
On May 10th the North Carolina Department of Labor hosted their Twenty-Fourth Annual Safety Awards Banquet. The banquet was held at Greenway’s Authentic Charcoal Grill in Henderson, North Carolina. John Barnes, President of the Henderson-Vance County Chamber of Commerce, welcomed guest and keynote speaker Commissioner of Labor Cherie Berry. Commissioner Berry spoke on the role and quality of North Carolina’s Occupational Safety and Health program, which is a State run program. Commissioner Berry also stressed the importance of safety in the workplace and that workplace accidents in North Carolina continue to decrease. At the conclusion of the keynote speech Commissioner Berry and her awards program administrator presented the awards. Sunrock received the following Silver and Gold awards*:
- Second Consecutive Year Silver Award – Butner Quarry
- First Year Gold Awards – Butner Concrete Plant, Butner Equipment Shop and Maintenance, North Raleigh Distribution Center,RDU Distribution Center,Woodsdale Quarry
- Second Consecutive Year Gold Award – Kittrell Quarry
- Fourth Consecutive Year Gold Award – Muirhead Distribution Center (MDC)
- Eleventh Consecutive Year Gold Award – Corporate Headquarters
*Silver and Gold Award criteria: To receive the Silver Award a plant must have no lost time injuries for the year, and to receive the Gold Award a plant must be injury free for the year.