The Sunrock Group prides itself on being a privately-held, family-owned construction materials supplier. Unlike many of our competitors, Sunrock is vertically integrated. We offer our customers a one-stop shopping experience by producing aggregates, recycled aggregates, hot mix asphalt and ready mixed concrete at our conveniently located quarries and production facilities in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, as well as providing a full line of contracting services.
NEARLY SEVEN DECADES OF CONSISTENT QUALITY
The lessons we have learned over the last 60+ years have prepared us to exceed the expectations of today’s customer. At Sunrock, our ultimate goal is to be the preferred supplier and employer in the construction materials industry, as well as a good neighbor to the communities in which we operate.
Sunrock’s family-owned history plays an important role in the way we operate. After nearly seven decades, our reputation for integrity, quality and service is as solid as ever. In this industry, consistent quality and customer satisfaction are paramount. Our philosophy is simple: Do it right the first time, or don’t do it at all.
Over the years The Sunrock Group has continued to grow and take new form. From the company’s inception in western New York state to our present strategic regional locations in the Raleigh-Durham metro area, Sunrock’s capabilities have positioned the company as a leading privately-held producer of construction materials in the southeastern United States.
From aggregates to concrete to asphalt, our team will continue to create and supply the products that build our world. And we will do it with the same sense of values that have brought us this far.
OUR PEOPLE. OUR PRODUCTS. OUR WORLD.
We’re proud of the dedicated and highly skilled technicians, equipment operators, drivers, administrative staff and managers who make up the Sunrock team. Our team members are not just a critical component of Sunrock’s success — through a collective team effort, they are the people who make the products that build our world. From highways to waterways to buildings and railroads, Sunrock’s quality construction materials and contracting services play an important role in daily life.
As a part of our commitment to quality and integrity, we believe in treating our local communities and environments with the utmost respect. Learn more about our Sunrock’s social responsibility and sustainable development practices, or learn how you can become a member of the Sunrock team.
Since our founding over 65 years ago, Sunrock has been honored to receive numerous awards for our work in the construction materials industry. See some of our most recent accomplishments.
The Sunrock Group is privileged to belong to a number of organizations that represent the construction materials industry as well as general business interests. Below is a partial listing of organizations in which we hold membership.
- NSSGA – National Stone, Sand and Gravel Association
- NRMCA – National Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- NAPA – National Asphalt Paving Association
- NCAA – North Carolina Aggregates Association
- CRMCA – Carolinas Ready Mixed Concrete Association
- ACI – American Concrete Institute
- VTCA – Virginia Transportation Construction Alliance
- AGC – The Associated General Contractors of America
- CAGC – Carolinas Associated General Contractors
- ABC Carolinas – Associated Builders & Contractors of the Carolinas
- ASLRRA – American Short Line and Regional Railroad Association
- RANC – Railway Association of NC
- SEARS – Southeast Association of Rail Shippers
- NAHB – National Association of Home Builders
- NCHBA – NC Home Builders Association
- FCHBA – Franklin County Home Builders Association
- HBADOC – Home Builders Association of Durham Orange Chatham
- Home Builders Association of Raleigh – Wake County
- Vance Granville Home Builders Association
- NCEDA – North Carolina Economic Development Association
- National Safety Council of North Carolina